From hot and cold side dishes to the base layer of the main course, potatoes can play virtually any role in the menu of a special event. Here are a few reasons that potatoes are a great idea, and several ways to incorporate them into your menu.
Why You Should Include a Potato Dish
Here are a few reasons that it is smart to include potatoes in your menu:
- People love them – Potatoes are one of America’s favorite foods.
- Good for food sensitivities – Very few people have a problem with potatoes. They are vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- They are filling – If you are worried about guests getting enough to eat, potatoes can help to make sure everyone feels satisfied after the meal.
How You Should Include a Potato Dish
There are tons of ways to incorporate potatoes into your meal, including:
- As a starter – Loaded potato skins are a great way to incorporate potatoes into your appetizer.
- As a hot side – Baked, roasted, or fried potatoes make perfect side dishes.
- As a cold side – Potato salad is a classic side for a barbecue-inspired
- As an entrée – A potato bar makes the potato the star and allows your guests to dress their entrée to suit their own personal tastes and dietary needs.
Special Event Catering in San Jose and The Bay Area
Whether you want potatoes to be the center of your meal or not even on the menu, Caterman Catering can handle all of your special event catering needs in San Jose and the throughout the Bay Area. To select a menu or get your customized menu started, call us today at 408-441-8719.