If you want to stay ahead of the curve when planning your events for 2020, here are some of the top trends in catering for the upcoming year.
- Socially conscious – More and more consumers expect this from the brands they frequent. Using a catering company that sources food from local growers is a good way to show a social conscience.
- Customization – People don’t like a one-size-fits-all approach to food any more than they do with clothes. Customizable food and drink stations help people to give themselves what they want.
- Fermented foods – From kimchi and sauerkraut to kombucha, it seems like people crave fermented favorites more than ever before.
- Offer diverse food options – Cultural diversity has found its way into America’s food scene, and it looks like it is here to stay. Instead of relying on safe favorites, your event needs to stretch the culinary boundaries of your attendees.
- Appearance – “We eat with our eyes first,” has become a popular adage in the food world. Event attendees expect food to look as good as it tastes. After all, you want all that free publicity from people Instagramming the meal they have at your event, right?
San Jose and Bay Area On-Trend Catering
For the best modern meals, your company can trust Caterman Catering. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, but we are always making the extra effort to stay current with our menus. To learn more, call our event planning experts at 408.441.8719, and get started on your meal today.