Fall is almost here, which means if you are planning a special event in the next few months you will want to select seasonally appropriate food items. We’re going to look at the top 6 fall appetizers. We will give you three warm options and three cold options to meet your needs.
The Best Hot Fall Hors D’oeuvres
Fall is a cooler season, but you can still have your event outdoors on a nice day. A warm appetizer can be a great way to keep guests from getting too cool while they wait for a meal. Here are three delectable possibilities:
- Miniature twice baked potatoes – Nothing quite says fall like smoked meats and cheese. Mini twice baked potatoes give you the opportunity to provide a warm and flavorful bite that includes smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, and chives.
- Lamb meatballs – Meatballs are a hearty appetizer that delights the taste buds and warms a person from the inside. Pair these with a tzatziki dipping sauce.
- Mini quiche – An assortment of miniature quiche provides a great, bite-sized way to offer a warm and filling appetizer. These are particularly good if your event is just serving hors d’oeuvres.
The Top Cold Fall Starters
Of course, you may prefer cold starters to get your meal going, so here are our three fall favorites to meet your preference:
- Eggplant and olive crostini – The combination of hearty veggies and toasty bread provides a good warm feeling even though this is a cold appetizer.
- Smoked salmon – Again, the smoke evokes fall. But pair this salmon with cucumber slices and a wasabi cream sauce, and you have the recipe for a burst of flavor and a good warm feeling.
- Assorted bruschetta – Try tomato and basil, sun-dried tomato, or wild mushrooms and baby arugula for the perfect bite-sized starters.
Plan Your Autumn Special Event Right
For all of your event planning needs in San Jose and the Bay Area, call Caterman Catering at 408-441-8719. Our team can help you to develop the perfect catering menu for your private or corporate occasion.