March is just around the corner, and that means celebrations that center on the color green. Of course, green isn’t always the most appetizing food color. It makes most people think of a boring salad. How can you jazz up your green foods for a party and keep things exciting? Here are a few tips.
- Jalapeno Poppers – Whether you stuff them with cream cheese or cheddar, they are sure to be delicious. Plus, jalapenos are green – no food coloring required!
- Stuffed Peppers – Along the same lines, you can stuff a green bell pepper (or a poblano if you want to add some heat). Perfect stuffing ingredients include ground meat, cheese, and breadcrumbs.
- Green Pizza – Other than the crust and the cheese, it is pretty easy to turn a pizza into a green dish. Sub out the red sauce for pesto and top with greens like spinach, arugula, peppers, or any other green favorites.
- Guacamole and Chips – Guacamole is a great way to add green to your party menu. It’s the perfect dip for tortilla chips, pita bread, or even veggies. In fact, some raw green veggies add even more color.
- Deviled Eggs – This one isn’t automatically green, but with a little creativity you can get there. Just add avocado to the filling and top with chives.
- Spinach Dip – Here’s another opportunity to have a green dip everyone will love. This is a hot dip option in case you are avoiding cold dishes (like the guacamole suggested above).
A Dish Best Served Green
At Caterman Catering, we’ve got loads of ideas for green foods, so if you are having a St. Paddy’s Day bash in San Jose or the Bay Area, give us a call to plan your meal. You get all the green goodness without all the dishes to clean. Speak to a party planner today at 408-441-8719.