Whether you are planning a corporate or a private event, an event planner can help relieve some of the stress and assist in making the event more successful. However, there are a few things you should have in mind before you even start looking for a planner. Here are 5 important considerations:
- Objective – What is the goal of the event? Are you training employees? Is it a wedding? Are you trying to sell something? Different types of events call for significantly different styles of planning.
- Budget – You should be able to give your event planner a solid figure to work with. Don’t make it sound like this is a number you would like to stay under if it is every last penny you have and there is no leeway. On the other hand, if it is a soft budget and you can make some adjustments if it means getting exactly what you want, make that known too.
- Check Qualifications – You don’t want just anybody planning your event. Whether it is a wedding, a holiday party, a corporate event, or something completely different, make sure your planner has experience.
- Prepare Details – You probably don’t expect your event planner to take you completely from a to z, so be sure to have some details in mind before making the call. If you know what you want and communicate that properly, a good event planner should be able to make it happen, at least if the budget is reasonable.
- Plan to Meet in Person – A phone call is a great starting point, but you eventually need to have a face-to-face with your event planner.
Your San Jose and Bay Area Special Event Planners
For the best special event planning in San Jose and the Bay Area, look no further. Caterman Catering offers the top catering services, and our event planners can put you in touch with all of the vendors you need to make your occasion a success. Call 408-441-8719 to get started.