With winter just about over, there are a lot more weddings coming up in the near future, and that means more wedding showers as well. Are you wondering whether you should open your gifts in front of everyone at your shower? Here are three reasons to try and avoid it and a few things you can do keep guests occupied so they don’t even notice you left out this common practice.
Reasons to Skip Opening Gifts
Opening gifts always seems to bring a great bridal shower to a screeching halt. Here are three reasons why:
- People are bored – Congrats and everything, that’s why people showed up with gifts, but there’s nothing exciting about watching you open presents.
- It causes anxiety – The bride is forced to be the center of attention and will feel obligated to get excited about gifts that may not be what she wants. Guests might feel anxiety if they didn’t bring the nicest gift.
- It takes a long time – There’s no fast way to open dozens of gifts. There are plenty of better things to do.
What to Do Instead of Opening Gifts
Here are three things you can do to keep the party going:
- Play games – Set up a game like the newlywed game for the soon-to-be couple to play against their friends. This will also help your guests get to know each other.
- Eat and drink – Good food and drink is always the life of a party. It’s something we all love and can come together over, so it is another great way to get people who may have never met before to mingle.
- Have a memories book – You can set up a guestbook-style station but make it an opportunity for guests to write advice for the bride and groom.
Have Your San Jose Wedding Shower Catered
Caterman Catering has been providing high-quality meals for private events in the San Jose and Bay Area for over two decades. Put our experience to work for you and create a unique menu that will wow your guests and become the centerpiece of your evening. Call 408-441-8719 to get started today.